Nobody’s perfect. It doesn’t matter how hard you try; you’re probably going to get it wrong sometimes.
If you’re anything like me, you’ll second guess yourself when you see how other people choose to bring up their children too.
The critical thing to remember is that you can only try your best.
I have some rules that I live by when it comes to raising Evie. I haven’t always been great at some of these – It’s taken a lot of practice, and I’m still learning.
Parenting is a journey, and using these standards as a reminder helps to keep me on the straight and narrow.
- Be patient; they’re just testing boundaries
- Use positive and supportive language
- Be tirelessly enthusiastic
- Listen, don’t lecture
- Be consistent
- Shower them with love
- Create clear rules and expectations
- Don’t take things personally
- Show rather than tell
- Celebrate effort, not just success
Did I miss anything? What are your rules? Let me know